The de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging is proud to support undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are presenting a project or research with a focus on aging at regional, national and international conferences.
1. Purpose: To fund undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are presenting research or a project at regional, national, and international conferences.
- UW School of Nursing undergraduate and graduate students in good standing and postdoctoral fellows who have already committed to attending a conference
- have an accepted abstract
- travel is while enrolled (students) or appointed (post-doc)
- applications must be submitted at least 2 months prior to the first day of the conference.
3. Amount of Scholarship: Not to exceed $800. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. We are aware that the scholarship may not fully fund travel. Funds may only be used for conference registration, travel, accommodations, and/or per diem.
4. Priority consideration: To first-time applicants with an accepted research or project presentation.
5. Decision of award notification: Decision will be communicated by email.
6. Responsibilities of scholarship awardees: Attend conference and give research or project presentation, submit PDF of receipts to the de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging within 2 weeks of the conference, and agree to give the presentation and/or share conference learnings at a SON forum.
Review: All submissions will be reviewed by Basia Belza, Director of the de Tornyay Center for Healthy Aging. Review criteria will focus on the following:
- How conference is related to the students' or post-docs' research, project, or future plans
- Relevance of presentation to healthy aging
- Priorities as identified above.