Respiratory Illness Intake Survey
This form can be used to report respiratory illness (e.g. COVID-19, Influenza, RSV) to PHSKC. If you are reporting a different notifiable condition or disease, please call our main Public Health Communicable Disease line at 206-296-4774.
COVID-19 Suspected Outbreak Reporting
- Report "new or unreported" suspected outbreaks of COVID-19 among employees/residents/students/clients in healthcare facilities, schools/childcares, and congregate settings.
- If you do not hear from a Public Health Investigator and the number of cases significantly increase and/or cases associated with your facility are hospitalized or die as a result of their COVID-19 infection, please return to this portal to submit additional information about your facility.
COVID-19 Reporting Requirements
- Healthcare Facilities: submit your initial report if your facility identifies 1 resident and/or employee who test positive for COVID-19. Please report within 24 hours of meeting these criteria.
- Childcares: submit your initial report when you identify 1 confirmed positive COVID-19 case among staff or clients.
- Congregate Settings: submit your initial report if you believe there is a COVID-19 outbreak at your facility. For the current outbreak definition see COVID-19 Guidance for Non-Healthcare Businesses and Organizations, DOH (page 10, under Outbreak Reporting).
- K-12 Schools:
- Public Schools- please use the unique link provided to your school district contact. PHSKC does not follow-up on COVID-19 public school reports to this portal.
- Private Schools- if your school has already received a unique reporting link, please use that instead of filling out this form! If this is your first ever report to PHSKC, please fill out this initial form and you will be provided a unique link via email for future reporting.
- Other Non-healthcare workplace settings: Public Health is currently unable to review reports from non-healthcare and non-congregate workplaces. If you would like a call back for a specific question or support need, please specify that in this form and we will follow up as we are able.
Non-COVID Respiratory Reporting Requirements
- Healthcare Facilities: submit your initial report if your facility identifies 1 resident and/or employee who test positive for influenza or other respiratory illness OR 2 or more suspected cases among residents and/or staff.
- Non-healthcare Facilities: if you believe you may have a non-COVID respiratory outbreak at your facility please call the King County CD/Epi main line at 206-296-4774.
- Concerns regarding compliance to state or public health orders? Call the King County COVID-19 Business and Community Information Line (Monday-Friday) 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM at 206-296-1608.
- If you need to reach someone from PHSKC to support your outbreak (e.g. urgent needs/questions), please call the King County COVID-19 CD/Epi main line at 206-296-4774 (daily, 8am-5pm).